Quinoa is a light seed that tastes like a grain. Our favorite way to cook it is to use chicken stock as the water base. It is already pre-rinsed so you can go ahead and get cookin'!
Quinoa holds amazing amounts of nutrients.
- It is considered a complete protein because it has all 9 essential amino acids. For example, it contains lysine, which helps the body absorb calcium and reduces stress-induced anxiety.
- It contains 2x as much dietary fiber as other grains.
- It contains a variety of minerals: phosphorous, magnesium, and iron.
- It gives vegans the protein that is in meat, fish, poultry, and dairy.
- Our quinoa is naturally gluten-free and free of pesticides!